At NLAOT, our mandate is:
- To provide an organization of and for the Occupational Therapists practicing or residing in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- To operate a registry of members in the Association.
- To represent the members of the Association in their relationships with provincial and national organizations representing government, education and health, and any other groups with which Occupational Therapists in the Province may have dealings.
- To promote and develop an understanding of Occupational Therapy among consumer groups and the general public
- To support and encourage training, continuing professional education and research in Occupational Therapy.
- To facilitate the exchange of information in publications in Occupational Therapy.
- To raise monies for carrying out the objectives of the Association through membership fees, public subscriptions, receiving bequests, donations and/or grants or by any other manner that is not contrary to the provincial or federal laws of Canada.